Once I get my MacBook Pro—yes, I know I keep mentioning a MacBook Pro—I am going to attempt to post three or more videos every day for the next 30 days. Call it an experiment of some sort. With my new laptop, I should be able to easily upload videos via Quick Capture. I’m attempting to do this for a few reasons, but mostly it is just because I want to see if I can pull it off.
The reasoning behind all this? I have seen people who have uploaded at least five 5 – 10 minute videos per day, everyday, for a very long time now. I think they are insane. With all the freedom I have, I can’t even find the time to make one video within the past several months. I know that most of the people I watch actually have typical day jobs. I just can’t imagine doing something like that. I have to at least attempt it.
The quick capture feature will—hopefully—be a go for the MacBook’s iSight camera. If not, I may have to adjust the rules and goals slightly. I did see other users successfully using Quick Capture though, so I am confident that things will go smoothly with that regard. I have set up a few rules and goals for me to follow as well.
- I must aim to post at least three videos every day in a 30 day time period.
- If I fail to reach three videos during any day, I must make up the required amount within three days.
- If at any point I end up behind more than six videos, I fail the experiment.
- Videos must be at least one minute in length to count. Preferably longer than that, but the point is to actually provide videos with some purpose.
- Have 100 new videos uploaded within 30 days.
- Have at least 5 of these videos generate video responses.
- Have an average of 50 views per video.
- Have an average of at least 5 comments per video.
- Have at least three videos reach over 1,000 views.
- Have at least two videos reach over 5,000 views.
- Have at least one video reach over 10,000 views.
Questions To Be Answered
- Can I pull it off?
- Will I gain more subscribers than I did previously with posting videos on an irregular basis?
- Will I lose any subscribers?
- Will view counts be reasonable?
- Will people comment?
- What will be the general consensus by others of what I am doing?
- Will this affect my work? (If so—how and why?)
- Will this be considered as work or fun to me?
Knowing me, I will probably be yapping about something related to technology most of the time. It might be a few weeks before I start this experiment, but I will keep everyone updated!